Sippin on some Redemption High Rye Bourbon
Over the last few months I have
acquired quite a nice bourbon collection. Some of the bottles I have purchased
out of recommendations, but my favorite bottles are the ones that I have
received as gifts either for my birthday or…. in the name of research. This
week I cracked open a bottle of Redemption High Rye Bourbon, Pre- Prohibition
Rye Revival.
Redemption Bourbon is a product of
MGD out of Indiana. According to their website MGD
is a full-service distilled spirits provider. They provide experts to help
build your brand by offering one-on-one consultations, product development,
custom mash bills, tailored formulations, barrel finishes/wood inserts, whiskey
maturation, secure freight rates and shipping coordination. What does
this mean? Is it still bourbon?
The answer is yes, this product is still made
to the specifications and laws of bourbon. Its just not produced in Kentucky
and is not distilled by Redemption. MGD distills and barrels it and when its
ready Redemption takes care of the bottling. I know
there are people out there that this means a whole lot to, but honestly not me.
I take it for what it is, bourbon. This bottle is from Batch 112 and aged no
less than one year and is sitting at 92 Proof.
As the name states this Redemption Bourbon
is high rye 30%, but has a sweet scent to it. Being high rye, it finishes with
some heat when drank neat, but starts sweet. I let it sit in the glass for a
few minutes then added some ice. The ice lessens the burn and the bourbon
definitely opens up with some complex flavor’s that were very refreshing.
At first, I didn’t think that Redemption
High Rye was going to be a bourbon that I would enjoy, but after a few glasses
over a few days I actually really enjoy the heat and flavor that it has on the
rocks. It has a nice price point and can be found just about everywhere. I
would recommend it especially if you like high rye bourbons. Pour yourself a glass
and enjoy!

Comments
Post a Comment